Monday, September 6, 2010

School Year's Eve



 
Oh, Thank you, Jesus....school begins tomorrow!  

It's been a wonderful summer, and I am not complaining that CPS starts after Labor Day.  
 But I gotta say, after Kate's 13th whine today about not having anyone to play with, I felt SOOO ready for school to begin tomorrow.  

We ended summer with a long, easy and relaxed vacation at my in-laws home in Amelia Island, Florida.  


Friends joined us as we splashed in the pool... 

boogied in the waves....


played endless games of euchre and drank smoothies (pina coladas for the grown ups!) and even played "4th of July" on a rainy afternoon...

Nope, can't complain..... 

Our trip then took us to visit family in Rumson, NJ for Grandpa Jack's 90th young birthday.  


Doesn't he look spry?

 We had great time with the family and took in some great post Earl waves at the Sea Bright Beach Club, and cruised the Navasink River in Ben's boat.  

Life was good!  



Back to reality today as I washed loads of vacation clothes, organized school packs & lunches, bought groceries, filled out school forms, created new chore posters for the kids and mentally planned the month.  I needed to feel a teensy bit organized as we hit the ground running tomorrow.  

The kids were bored and picking at each other, Tom was tired and crabby, himself, so I put Kate in the bath for an early drift toward bed.  After I read her a book and tucked her in, Jack appeared, wet from the shower, wrapped in a towel.  

I bought him his first deodorant (some healthy one from Whole Foods), since his pits have started to emanate an odor not lovely.  He was quite excited to step into this new form of manliness and he asked me if it was okay to apply the deodorant if he was still wet.  

So cute!  

He left to dry his pits and reattempt the deodorant application & to put on jammies while I slipped down the hall to paint my nails and toes....a minor indulgence after a long day...  

I went downstairs, expecting him to be hanging with his dad, which he was not.  Tom found him, fast asleep in bed, at 7:30.  

Holy Crap!  

I was hoping for an early bedtime the night before school, but this was a full-on miracle!!  

Let's hope this extra sleep makes for happy kids in the morning.....  





Thank you, Summer....It was a blast!




No comments:

Post a Comment