Saturday, September 18, 2010

Just Still Married...


 
Last night my parents celebrated 50 years of wedded bliss with a gathering of family and close friends. 


My brother and I threw them a party to mark the occasion at a lovely winery near our hometown.
  


The winery had a great outdoor patio area that opened up to a huge lawn and a vineyard.  


The kids....13 of them ran their little kiesters all over the place, in and out of the rows of grapes, playing until long after dark.  

The coolest part was that most of the kids hadn't met before as they live in different parts of the country.  


Within five minutes they were running wild.....newly found second cousins! 


The grown-ups also really enjoyed getting caught up.
  

Why we don't get together more often is a good question.

We know the answer...we are busy, etc., but dang it was great to see everyone again.  

I really wanted to add those little details to make the party more fun, so I composed a sweet table, in the style of Amy Atlas Desserts, even with note cards describing each sweet.  

We blew up a great wedding photo of my folks and also made a retro poster, commemorating their wedding date back in 1960.  

Tom created a slide show of family photos and we uploaded 5 hours of my parents favorite songs.  

A dear friend of mine gave me a floral tutorial and I assembled the flowers and floating candles for the tables.  


Dinner was excellent as was the 3 tier wedding cake from Old Towne Bakery.  I applied sugar hydrangea petals to the cake, purchased from Etsy.  Hey, who's that swiping a fingerful of frosting??


My brother and his girlfriend created a fun and inviting craft table for the kids, which they loved. 


My bro also gave a sweet and emotional toast to our parents.  

Where does the time go?  Once we were little kids and now we are chasing after  our own little ones.  

Many times people joke about the stress and pain of family gatherings, but I have to say this party was pure joy.  

Happy golden anniversary, Mom & Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment