Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall Fell Here...

 
So school has been in session for 16 days and already the kids have a day off.  

Huh??  


Actually, Kate's Prek is in session, but Jack is foot loose and fancy free.  Lucky for me a play date materialized and I was awarded three precious hours to myself.  

Given the fact that I have about $10 until next Friday nixed any idea of a shopping excursion, although I did check out the Jayson Home & Garden French Flea Market 

http://www.jaysonhomeandgarden.com/home.php  

The items were gorgeous and outrageously expensive and all sorts of pretty, hip and wealthy ladies who lunch were giving $5,000 couches serious thought.  

I cased the joint for some good ideas I could do on a dime and headed back home for some indulgent pursuits such as picking up my husband's socks, underwear and shoes from the floor, putting away truckloads of laundry only to start more loads of wash and finishing the morning dishes.  


The breeze is fabulous today...cool and getting crisper by the minute, so I opened all the windows to blow the stink out of this place.  


Then I tackled the "Fall" bin of decorations.  I feel like a schoolteacher getting out the classroom decorations, using them again this year.  I'd love to supplement with some fresh accessories, but it's not gonna happen.  


I took some fall decor pix last year, so if my arrangements look vaguely familiar, you know why.  


I had a highschool teacher, Betty Roseberg, who reused her classroom decorations so much that you could see dozens of pinholes where she tacked the faded paper apples, etc. to the corkboards year after year.  So much for shaking things up!  She was not a risk taker, believe me!  



Anyway, even though the fall decorations are not new and different, it feels a little comforting to see them up....my little declaration that fall is here in the Herlihy house.....

No comments:

Post a Comment