Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Good Fake Day....


It is a good fake day....


One of those days when you throw together an outfit to get out the door, not sure what the weather is going to do, not sure if your footwear is going to work. 

Actually, I try to plan my clothes the night before, so it is one less thing to stress about in the morning.  So, the stress is just shifted back eight hours or so. 

My closet is full of worn out, too short, not cool clothes.  I am just tired of everything and wish I could dump the entire contents into a donation catcher. 

I am sure you feel the same way from time to time.... 

I mean who has matching underwear sets, more than a few pairs of socks that have a mate and just the right handbag/belt/shoes for each outfit? 

I wish! 

 Nope, those days of looking put together ended after I left the coutured halls of St. John Knits, got married, was introduced to kids, spit up and general poverty. 

T$ and I sometime dream in bed about what nice things we might buy some day when we make some money.  First on the list is a new mattress. You can see tow trenches where our bodies repose....terrible! Somewhere down the list are some new, fresh duds. 


Poor T$ is looking pretty threadbare these days, too.  Thank goodness we have uniforms at the factory, so shirts are no longer an issue. 

So, back to that dream....

If I could go on a shopping spree I would conjure up the spirit of Audrey Hepburn and buy classic khakis, wool trousers, pencil skirts. 


I would have a couple of fabulous crisp shirts from Anne Fontaine (an investment, of course...), Sundance Catalog has some awesome boots, and Talbot's, of all places, offers great basic turtlenecks and blouses that don't look old lady.  To finish off this dream shopping spree, I'd swing by my fave Anthro for some eclectic skirts, sweaters and accessories. 

Oh yeah..... I have it all figured out and could execute my plan in a matter of minutes. 

Until our Sunfish-sized ship comes in, creative compromise is the game. 


Target provided a few cute pieces, in this khaki skirt and tee.  Necklace is vintage Grandma's and sandals are older than Kate, I think. 


Fakin' it and even got a compliment or two today.....

No comments:

Post a Comment