Tuesday, April 30, 2013

May-hem....



Tomorrow is the first of May....  May Day!  

To some it symbolizes the worldwide
common worker's struggle,
to others it signifies fresh spring floral bouquets
with a little "ding dong ditch" thrown in
for good natured measure...  

This year, to me, May means endurance...  

While combining hockey, karate, birthday party
and baseball schedules into May,
I realized there will be a lot of back to back events
lined up on most Saturdays and Sundays...  

All of this would be manageable if my tag team partner,
T$, would be there to help out
with ferrying this one there
and the other one here...  

But as luck would have it,
I am on my own most of this month...  

The Boss is on the road virtually all of May...  

It is good...  

I hope his travels brings much needed business to HEAT...  

But still, I feel dread when I pick up on the fact
 that all those late school night hockey games
in the far reaches of some suburb
are all mine... 

I feel cheated when I notice that Mother's Day weekend
is loaded with two baseball games,
a hockey game and a birthday party...  

Part of me wants to crawl into bed,
open a good book
and go on strike for the month of May... 

  I have friends who have been "single parenting"
it for years and they will hear none of this whining...  

"I have been doing this shit for years!" 
They declare...  

And they are right...  

I can choose to be miserable while Kate and I
wait for Jack's hockey practice to conclude at 9pm
on a school night,
or I can see it as time for Kate and me
to bond over a Laura Ingalls Wilder book...  


After all, it could be the dead of winter
while this is going on,
but at least the weather is finally warming
and my gardens are waking up...  

I love that...  

And maybe, just maybe,
T$ will realize that I would love a rain check date
for my lost Mother's Day
and hopefully he will make it happen...  

Regardless, May will come tomorrow
and it will march toward its end...  

We may as well enjoy it! 

What we really savored tonight was Breakfast for Dinner...  

I made pancakes
and they were deeeelish!!!


Thanks to Christineiscooking.com for this copycat version
of Cracker Barrel Buttermilk Pancakes...




No comments:

Post a Comment