Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Back in the Saddle....



I'm out of my groove...  


It's been almost a month since my last post 
and generally I try to speak my mind 
at least twice a week...  

March was a humdinger 
in so many ways... 


There were tons of bloggable moments, 
but I just didn't have it in me to sit down 
for a few hours to share the nuttiness...  

Frankly, I am still feeling logey, 
what with the weather bone chilling cold 
in early April, 
but here's a go 
at some of what's been happenin'...

 

1.  Tell me where the Groundhog is 
and he is going down...  
I mean, really, it's been one cold, long winter, 
with no signs of warmth yet!


2. The house is only 50% painted 
and I am sick to death of spackling, 
sanding, taping, cutting in, blech!  
If the rest of the house gets painted 
before Memorial Day, I will be satisfied...



3. Several of my friends have sold their homes 
in mere hours and now they are high tailing it 
to parts unknown...  
Was it my bad breath?

4.  We made doughnuts...  
What else can you do when you are sad 
about friends moving away, 
it's sleeting outside 
and the den smells like VOC's?


5. Some things defy explanation...  
This photo will have to suffice...


6. March is now the season 
of the Summer Camp Dance...  
See Mommy juggle dates, destinations and dizzying fees 
as she tries to arrange summer entertainment 
for her offspring...  
Good times...

7.  For once a year, 
my Corned Beef and Cabbage 
was kick ass...
  

Just sayin'...

8.  HEAT lost an office manager 
and called me back to active duty...  
Now the house painting may be completed 
just as Kate graduates from high school...  

Sigh...  

Mountains of invoices, 

piles of unknown origins...  

Total joy...

9.  Some birthdays last forever

 or seem to...


10.  The real estate market is finally gasping to life...  
Companies are calling me...  
Be careful what you wish for...


11.  Spring break must have been warmer in Anchorage 
than in Jacksonville...  
Thank God for heated pools...


12.  Some people can golf, some can't...  
Guess which category I fall into... 
  

13. Da Blimp! Da Blimp!



13.  It might look like Kate has glimpses of Chris Evert...


Yet, note the position of the tennis ball...

Don't ask about the stains on her kiester, either...
I have no idea...


14.  Who knew you could find great Rose wine in the States?  

Who knew an innocuous wine tasting could get one so toasted?  

Who is she?!

15.  My single point of brilliance in the entire month... 



The Peep Mobile for the Easter Parade...  

 

Peeps be with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment