Sunday, November 28, 2010

Weekend Update...

Are you sick of turkey?  

I am not tired of that awesome sandwich concoction that only Thanksgiving dinner can provide; 

White bread, mayo, a little cranberry sauce (from the can, of course), stuffing, sliced roasted turkey and a dollop of gravy....cold.  

Mmmmm!  

Still love that, however, after tomorrow, whatever is still taking up space in the fridge 

is heading straight to the trash.  We need a little red meat or something!

Man, am I glad it's Sunday night... 

Up until I had kids, that statement wouldn't ever cross my lips.  

Now on Sundays, I even look forward to making their school lunches.  

Don't get me wrong... 

we had a great weekend of holiday decorating, 

making ornaments, 

keeping my dear, sweet children from tearing each other apart, refereeing who had the green crayon first, etc.

shopping for the Christmas tree in numbing cold.  I think the tree lot at Home Depot was a true wind tunnel...  

We spent good, dysfunctional time with our families on several nights, went bowling, too.  

I love my family, as I am sure you do, and holiday time always brings out that specialness that can only be described as unique.  

But, who lives in Utopia anyway?  

If there weren't a few nuts then the fruitcake would be lacking, if you know what I mean.  

So, my ornament decorating party is this week and I've got glitter, stickers, ribbon and glue sticks galore.  

Hoping it will be fun!  If not, I'll be squirreling away a few extra Sophia Coppola cans of bubbly for me!

Tom worked the entire weekend and he just texted that he is finally coming home, 

tired dirty and smelling of toxic chemicals.  

And he wants some turkey....Sandwich comin' up!.

No comments:

Post a Comment