Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bullet Proof



So, this is me, at the end of the party.


I might have had a few mango martinis at this point,
 but hey, it was a good party, after all.


 Yep, I'm gettin' all Charlie's Angels with those twenty something girls.

 Heck, I'm probably old enough to be their mother, but I'm holding my own, Spanx and all...

It was our long awaited grand opening party for our two year old experiment in patience, Heat Armor.


Tom Jedi-Mind tricked me into jumping off a cliff into the great entrepreneurial abyss to make bullet proof cars.  

Who knew?  

I thought I'd end up marrying some ex-jock banker, maybe an artist or something, and here I am, with a man who saves one imperiled businessman in Nigeria after another...  


The last two years have been semi-harrowing, with the usual start-up nightmares, combined with a near collapse of our home, plus paralyzing financial distress.  Somehow, time, patience, common sense from friends and family, mixed with lots of wine and vodka have pulled us through.  


We are still in the beginning stages of this company, but things are starting to roll.  

And it was time to celebrate.  

The weather was very cold and drizzly on the 4th, but so many friends, family and clients came to see the factory.  

J&L Catering did us proud and DJ Mike Tolva created a very cool ambiance.  



Cars, guns and laser cutters seem to create a buzz.....

Who knew?! 

So, by the time the last client left and those remaining were the younger of our employees, we let our hair down, cracked open a few more Buds and shook it to some bad music that only twenty somethings like.....


Mylie WHO?  

How about some David Byrne...."Burning Down the House..."  

Wow....am I old!  But hey, the patent heels were still on at midnight....not bad for an old chick....

Rock on, Heat Armor, Rock on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment