Monday, October 1, 2012

"You have Corn in Your Ears..."




No, really, the kids did have corn in their ears 
after flailing about in a corn kernel sandbox yesterday...

Indian Summer has arrived
and it is one of my favorite times of the year...  

The fall colors are just appearing, 
 the sunlight is weaker in a more golden, yellow-y sort of way 


and the air is cool like a honey crisp apple...
  

Most years we have taken the kids to a pumpkin patch 
to usher in the beginning of fall, 
and to get some good photos for the old Christmas card... 


This weekend was all about the Ryder Cup in our house...  

Tommy has been waiting for the "Magesty in Medinah" 
for years now and he was determined 
to not miss a single drive, bunker shot or putt.. 


You could have called me a golf widow, 
as he skipped out the door before the birds woke, 
coffee thermos in hand, 
to watch Woods, Stricker and Garcia battle for the Cup...

By Sunday, I was "Ryder'ed Out", if you know what I mean... 


It was a perfect fall day 
and I did not want the kids to waste the sunshine glued to the TV...  

So I made the courageous decision 
to take them to a pumpkin patch by myself...  

I know, I know... 


But we had to get out of the house and do something!  

Kuiper's Family Farm is halfway to the Quad Cities... 

It is FAR..  

But I like all of the activities they offer, notwithstanding
the fact they do not sell wine or beer...
 

Let's just say that this is the last year 
I will be hitting the old pumpkin patch...  


The kids had a lot of fun, 
but they are nearing the edge of being too old 
for most of the stuff...  
(Yes, that is Mac and Cheese in the old Corn Crib Cafe'.  
They were out of UnCrustables!)


The kids loved the Jumping Pillow, 


 Corn Kernel Sand Box, 


Super Slide,

Hay Rack Ride, 

Petting Zoo, 

 

Corn Maze, 


Spider Rope Maze 

 
and Great Rubber Ducky Water Race... 

 

We walked away with some plump and well washed pumpkins, 

straw in our hair, 


corn in our pants 
and a good amount of fresh air 
and sunshine to wear the kids out...  

 There was some serious crankiness in the car 
on the long ride home...  

I almost stopped the car once, but it was a good day...  


Now to decide what nice thing 
I get to do in payment 
for the five day golf escape to Medinah....  


 Hmmm, any suggestions?  

 

Self indulgence is the theme I am thinking...






























No comments:

Post a Comment