Friday, October 5, 2012

Makin' Whoopee...



Thank you, Dollar Store, 
for bringing whoops and gutteral laughter 
to our house, 
one gassy spurp at a time...

Dear Whoopee,

How do I love thee?
Let me count thy ways...
I love thee to the anticipation, the sound and glee
My soul can feel, when I might want to flee,
For the ends of decorum and ideal grace
I love thee to the squeal of a child's laughing face
Most desperate her need to eek out delight,
I love thee freely, as children strive for smarts,
I love thee purely as they create your farts
I love thee with their passions put to use,
In my exhaustion and with my childhood's faith,
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With remembrance, I love thy splurp
Smiles, giggles and with a gleam in my eye,
I will love thy audibles and thy fanny burp! 

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment