Saturday, October 20, 2012

Do the 'Due...




Fondue....

The word either inspires love or hate...

In the case of me and my kids, love...

As for T$....not so much...

For him and a bad fondue experience in his past life, 
the very word conjures bile...

So we decided to fondue it up on a night 
when we knew he would not be home...


I used this recipe to make the cheesy portion 
of the fondue extravaganza...


It's a cheddar based potion, which is not authentic 
and while I prefer the gruyere version
I knew it would not fly with the kids... 


It is pretty tasty and a great way 
to get them to eat veggies...  


I cut up carrots, celery, red pepper, 
steamed broccoli, apples, kielbasa sausage
 and bread cubes to dip into the cheesy lava...


For the chocolate fondue, I used this recipe.  



It was quick and so easy...  


We dipped mini muffins, apples, 
bananas and strawberries...  


As you can see, the kids did not like it one bit!


I was eligible for good mom brownie points, 
that was, until I picked the flick for "Movie Night". 

 I couldn't help it....  

I was feeling selfishly indulgent 
when I chose, "Tommy Boy"... 


There were a few bad words, 
but I have to say the movie is more wholesome 
than I remember and the kids LOVED it.  

So fun to hear lots of laughs 


and no bickering...  

In the words of "Tommy Callahan", 


"We're family, we're gonna be doing lots of dumb stuff together. Wait 'til Christmas!"

No comments:

Post a Comment