Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Schlep to my Lou....



I don't know about you, but I have just about had enough of this winter... 

Tom Skilling, the coolest weatherman around, said today that Chicago is a couple of inches away from the most snow totals ever, this time of year... 

Yippee... 

My feet have not felt warm in weeks, my boots are permanently wet and 

have a lovely white salt line meandering around the sole.  

Salt is swathed on my coats and dusted on my purse like I got in a fight at a bakery.  

Why bother to clean it off when you get tagged each time you venture outdoors?  

I am a definite Glamour Don't...  

Not sure where Chicago's Streets and Sanitation guys are, 

but they are not in my neighborhood clearing snow.  

I have seen the Lazy Boy's in their garage down the street.  

They are probably hangin' out, watching reruns of the Sopranos...

I have not seen a plow in days, yet the streets are still a disaster.  

The few parking spots that have been dug out have been claimed with flimsy chairs, 

lingerie drying racks, boxes and even kids wagons...

Don't get me started on how crazy THAT whole thing makes me.... 

People are crabby, too.  

I must admit I am extra impatient with the driver who is mind numbingly slow taking the corner... 

Good news is that warmer, snow melting weather is coming this weekend.....

Yahoo!  

I don't care about the slush, as long as it is slowly draining off the street and 

heading south to flood the Ohio and Mississippi River.  

As I hope for less snow and more sun, 

there are other things to  feel good about, like Valentine's Day!  

This week, a dear neighbor is hosting the annual Valentines making party.  

I plan to bring some rockin' cupcakes and maybe some cookies.  

Tonight I will make the sugar cookies and will decorate them tomorrow night.  

Sure, I could make them from scratch, but the fun part is the decorating.  

Tonight it's slice and bake, baby!



And a little chocolate therapy.....

1 comment: