Saturday, January 8, 2011

Too Cold to Play in Traffic....


 

It's Saturday, it is bone-chilling cold outside and the kids are bored. 

 Barely two weeks past Christmas and
the joy of new toys is replaced by plaintive cries for entertainment. 

Sure, I could dump them off at Pump It Up or take them to the movies,

but this IS the month of austerity. 

I am the reluctant Julie McCoy
as I dream up ways to keep the kids from killing each other... 

While Tom gleefully escapes to work for the day,
I have set the children to work, making beds, vacuuming the stairs and emptying trash. 

While the kids toiled I organized the spice cabinet. 

Ahhhhhh! 

I didn't realize how many bottles of chili powder I had. 

I have enough cookie decorating sprinkles to be a contender on "Cupcake Wars"... 

Now this is a thing of beauty....tomorrow the pantry! 

Back to the kids....

 Apparently I am the evil mom,

one step above Voldemort, for making kids do chores.... 

Reminders of child labor in third world countries

does not instill any sort of gratitude in these cretins.... 

The attitude of entitlement is disturbing. 

And yet, no level of negotiation worked -

I held firm; chores were done! 

Now what?! 

Let's see, we played Scrabble,

IPod Touch Checkers,

Hide and Seek,

made peanut butter suet for the birds,

and  made ruggelah.
Now they are beading.... 

 It's 3pm. 

Tom won't be home for two hours..... 

Is it wrong to break out the wine yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment