Friday, January 7, 2011

Must-Have's

 

Anna Wintour must have fur....

Selma Blair must carry her little Louis Vuitton Poche Toilette....

Rihanna can't live without Tweezerman tweezers...

Iman says animal prints are the "new neutral"....  

Those lists amuse me...Of course, if we were millionaire's, our list might be indulgent, too... 
 

 
One of my Christmas gifts was this fun read by Nina Garcia

"The One Hundred...A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Should Own"    

It's worth aspiring to, however, Manolo's are way after the plumbing gets fixed, if you know what I mean...  


Anyway, here is my Must Have list as of today:

1.  Boots.  I love boots.  They keep me warm, look good with almost any outfit 
and they hide the chipped 3 month old polish on my toes.
2. Glue Gun.  It's kind of like duct tape for women... 
Amazing what I can fix with a little hot glue... 
3. Sharon's mom's homemade crocheted pot scrubber
This little circle of happy is better than any SOS pad and it cleans right up.  
Sharon, your mom should sell these on Etsy....they ROCK!
4. Flannel Sheets.  It's winter in Chicago, enough said.

5. Top Chef.  
This show is my one guilty pleasure.  
I love watching these pompous, cranky chefs duke it out over truffle foam....



6. DHC Q10 soap
A friend of mine turned me on to DHC products and they are fantastic.  
This soap is a splurge at $4.50 a bar, so I don't buy it often.  
The luxurious bubbles take me to Calgon......

7. Chocolate Non-Pareils..... 
You can find them in the Kosher section of the grocery store. 
I hide them in the freezer as my personal chocolate fix....

8. "Mad Hungry" by Lucinda Scala Quinn.  
This cookbook keeps it real, for busy moms with hungry kids.  
I can always find an easy, tasty recipe for dinner.  Love this book!

9.  Glitter.  
Life is just a little better with some glitter, don't you think? 
I don't care if my house is a little glittery...
.it means crafting is goin' on around here....

10.  Picpoule de Pinet.  
Our cheap, go-to white wine.  
CAN'T live without it....
Period.

So this is my survival guide for now. 
Maybe someday I can't live without Jaguars, Cristal and Chanel. 
(doubt it..)  
So what's your list?  
What are your "Must Have's"?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Lori, I'll send this to my mom. She'll love it.

    I must have white truffle oil. It's so addictive that I really only use it on popcorn, which I have about 2X a week. It's on the cheap at Marshall's, when they have it.

    I can't live without Caffeine Free Diet Coke. But, I am liking Canada Dry Diet Ginger Ale now. It has a yummy ginger taste.

    We love the Trader Joe's cut white corn.

    Unlike Rihanna, I don't have to have tweezers, but I have to have the eyebrow making kit since I have no eyebrows. And I can't leave the house without makeup on. (old flight attendant thing)

    I must have beef and chicken broth on hand at all times.

    I must have my long johns on all winter until spring.

    I love my flaneel sheets as well. And I was wondering about Lucinda Scala Quinn's book. I must get it now that it has the Lori Herlihy seal of approval. :)

    ReplyDelete