Sunday, January 27, 2013

Valentine DIY...


This pretty wreath appeared on Pinterest, 
so I cannot take credit for it...  

However, when you click on the link, there is no tutorial, 
so I figured out the how-to's by myself...  

It was quite simple 
and it was just how I like my projects....
cheap!

This Lily of the Valley Heart Wreath 
makes such a thoughtful gift,
 for your Valentine or for yourself...  
 
So, here's how to make this wreath...


Your materials are:  
A wire hanger,
 wire cutters, 
silk or plastic Lily of the Valley 
(I used one bunch from the craft store), 
green floral tape... 


Since I had everything on hand, 
this project cost me $0.00!

Yippee!!

1.  Bend the hanger into the shape of a heart.  It takes a little manipulation.  You will probably do a better job of it than I did.

2.  Wrap the heart shape, (not the hook) with the floral shape.  Doing this hides the color of your hanger wire and also makes for a sticky surface upon which to wrap the flowers.  When using floral tape, you want to pull and wrap it tightly.  The tape has a lot of give, so you can make a snug fit.


3.  Using the wire cutters, snip the stems of the Lily of the Valley off in different lengths.  Start at the tip of the heart and start wrapping the stems onto the hanger, varying the angles and positions of the stems as you go.

 

 In general, the stems should sweep up toward the top of the heart or the other direction.  Be patient... This takes time to do.  Watch your favorite show while you wrap the flowers...  Talk to your mom on the speaker phone...  Order your kids to do their chores and then supervise from the couch...  Yeah, mine didn't go for it, either...


4.  If you feel like it, snip off some Lily of the Valley leaves and add those to your wreath sparingly.

5.  Tie a ribbon or raffia to the hook, if desired.  I might do this myself!


6.  Ta Da!  You have a sweet Valentine wreath that looks great on the wall the whole year!

Or you can give it way as a gift...
  

Nah, I'm not going to give mine away, either...

No comments:

Post a Comment