Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Go to the Light.....


You might have heard me say 
that I have the "Pong" of blogs...

And I do...

For those of you under 30, Pong was the first ever video game...

Yes, I am from the Flintstones age...


Oh rats, you thirty-somethings probably 
haven't heard of the Flintstones, either, huh?

I am digging myself into an old age hole...

Back to my blog...

One of these days I will have created 
a professional looking blog 
with all the cool bells and whistles 
the fancy blogs have....

I might even reach 10 followers....
you just watch me!

If I should be lucky enough 
to snag a sponsor or two, 
you will be the first to win the giveaways....

Promise...

Since I can't afford to hire a web genius
to make my blog better, 
I have to figure this stuff out....

It takes a lot of time...

So, this little blog slogs along 
(almost sounds like alliteration, doesn't it?)...  

One thing I am doing to improve Mac & Fitz's looks 
is to enhance the quality of the photos I take....

Problem is that I can barely operate my Nikon Coolpix 90...  
I don't know an fstop from F Troop, to be honest, 
so I have a long way to go...  

Point and Shoot! is the name of my game, 
and it's pretty boring....

So, I found this marvelous new book by Matt Armendariz, 

I devoured the book in an afternoon 
while watching Kate kick, punch and Kiay 
her way through karate class...

Without getting too technical, 
Matt shows how to get great shots, 
using light, foam core and a few other cheap gadgets...

It was inspirational!

My first attempt was to highlight 
a tasty chunk of short ribs 
that I braised all day yesterday...  

It was dark outside so I used white foam core 
to pull some light onto the subject...

Rookie attempt....not the best....

Meet my lunch... 


Beet and goat cheese salad...

It's a sunny day in bitterly cold Chicago, 
but the light is strong...

The foam core surrounds two sides of the salad 
and bounces the light back...

A better result, I would say...

I have a LOT to learn, but it is fun...

And, I get to eat the subject....

No comments:

Post a Comment