Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Morning Hockey...


What, in the Wide World of Sports was I thinking when I signed Jack up for Sunday morning hockey?!

7:00 am on SUNDAY?? 

I realize there are those hockey diehards who play at all kinds of crazy hours,
but in the back of my mind, I thought my husband,
who played hockey as a kid,
would be in charge of this one.... 

Little did I remember that the man travels... a lot. 

So while he is jetting home from Frankfurt this morning,
probably sipping a mimosa from his business class seat,
I am awakened at 5:45 am by a very alert son,
who is noisily bedecking himself in hockey gear... 

Hmmm...where would I rather be....


Between the warm and snuggly flannel sheets or slogging a massive hockey bag
across the ice covered parking lot
before the sun rises? 

Tough choice, I know... 

I am a glutton for punishment.... 

At least we planned ahead and laid out all the gear
on Jack's bedroom floor last night... 

There would be no last minute, "Where's my cup?!"
or panicked searches for an elbow pad... 

I even made the kids breakfast burritos last night
in anticipation of a breakfast rush... 

Yeah...where's my halo....  


Poor Kate, who is starting a cold,
was the real trooper of the morning, hauling herself out of bed,
into clothes and into cold weather gear... 

At he rink, she perked up and even made a new friend
as we watched the boys scrimmage for an hour... 

I made a friend, too,
so I guess it was worth it... 

Tommy, beware, that I am counting on you for the rest of these Sundays... 

I can handle all the other ferrying around ,
but Sunday is YOURS, Babe...


'Scuse me, but I'm going back to bed now....


I did not make this breakfast burrito...
Mine was simply fried sausage, scrambled eggs and some cheese inside a tortilla. 
Here is Ree's version....way tastier!

No comments:

Post a Comment