Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pinterest


I've found a new black hole....

It sucks up more than its share of my time...

Nooo, it is not Farmville, Call of Duty nor My Little Pet Shop... 

I have just discovered Pinterest... 

Surely most of you have been there before me,
but I am slow on the uptake sometimes.... 

Pinterest has crossed my path over Facebook,
but I didn't have the time to peruse,
so I moved on... 

Now that I have found it,
I am hooked... 

It's endless and captivating and mouthwatering... 

So many good ideas from so many interesting people... 

One friend has a food board that sends me reeling....
all those delicious recipes... 

Another has such gorgeous outfits put together....

Makes me want to wear them! 

You can find boards for anything...

French bulldogs,
anything pink,
Valentine's Day stuff,
mustard....
you name it! 

And you can create your own unique boards... 

What a cool website! 

I should be studying for my broker's exam right now,
the laundry is piled sky high
and my house looks like fifteen trolls spent the night,

But I......    

CAN'T    

PULL    

MYSELF   

AWAY... 

Help! 

Is there a support group for Pinterest?

I am making this for dinner (no cheese, though).  Yep, found it on Pinterest.....

Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast Recipe



It's hard to make slow-cooked food look pretty . . . and this pork seriously fell apart when I tried to take it out of the slow cooker!
So don't judge this by it's picture . . . I promise that this recipe is delicious! My husband even said that this is one of his favorite Sunday dinners.

Ingredients:

1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork roast
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup honey
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp dried basil
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place roast in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast; serve with gravy (I also made mashed potatoes and the gravy was delicious on them!).

Recipe adapted from Everyday Tastes

1 comment:

  1. Lori-
    I will join your support group. Seriously can't stop looking at it all. Tried so many new recipes from there and getting inspired to do so much. John just commented yesterday that he thinks I might have an addiction problem:)When the kids see me on the computer they automatically say, "Pinterest?"
    Loved this entry- can totally relate.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete