Friday, January 27, 2012

Alien Abduction...


What alien, in the name of My Favorite Martian,
abducted my children overnight
and substituted angelic likenesses of them in their places? 

Last night they were tired, crabby urchins
with dried catsup on their cheeks
and a stinky funk that can only be described
as eau du smelly sock, or bouquet of dragon breath... 

Their demeanors were ill tempered,
flaring up at the slightest prevocation... 

Now those are my offspring! 


But this morning as I was saddled
with the usual migraine routine
I have lovingly embraced for the last thirty odd years,
two beaming kids emerged from the kitchen,
bearing breakfast in bed... 

Wait...


It was not Mother's Day nor my birthday...

What was this?? 

What a joy to have such a nice surprise..

I was kind of dreading yet another no school day... 

It's like school is a hobby with CPS.... 

Too many days off, I say! 

Anyway, this pleasant alien duo managed
to continue to maintain a sweet as pie attitude
as they helped me mop the floors,
clean bathrooms,
vacuum,
organize the CD collection and dust... 

I was starting to get worried....

THESE ARE NOT MY KIDS! 

To reward these kind space creatures
for their amiable countenances and helpful natures,
I took them to i Cream, a fun, design it yourself ice cream shop... 


You can choose the soy or dairy,
the flavor,
mix-ins and color of the ice cream... 

They freeze it up with this cryogenic thing a mabob and,  voila'! 

Ice cream! 

Alien Jack got green coffee with chocolate bits... 

Alien Kate chose purple vanilla... 

Mysteriously those darn extraterrestrials switched them back
when I was not looking
and the ornery versions have returned from galaxies unknown... 

Oh well, that's okay....

I kind of like the smudgy faces and mischievous looks... 

I'm used to it....

No comments:

Post a Comment