Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Great White Way...


 Funny how things snowball sometimes.....  

I responded to an inquiry from Kate's agency website for a family to be in a web video...  

What are the chances they'd pick us?  

Nil.... 


What do we have to lose?  

Nuthin'.....  

Next thing you know, the Herlihy's aced the audition 
and a crew from Toronto stepped into our house 
for a two day experience.... 


The web video will be part of a large bank website
(I can tell ya who they are in August) 
in their family series teaching kids about money....  

The crew couldn't be nicer 
and the exercises they had us complete were fun 
and  interesting for the kids... 


The hardest part was keeping my wonderful, perfect children quiet 
while the camera was rolling...  

That, and the repetition was tedious for the kids...  
We did everything 3 times...

At one point, Kate replied, 
"I already told you how many nickels are in a dime, MOM!"...
  

Oh well, what do they say?
"Never work with kids nor animals..."    

Jack enjoyed his first gig in showbiz 
and Kate let him know she was a pro already.
"I've done millions of jobs!" she retorted.... 


Not that she's competitive or anything...
Somehow I managed to keep them from killing each other 
while the crew was there.... 

Perhaps it was my dire threats should they misbehave....  


I dunno....  

The best part was that they paid us on the spot 
and now I can repair my front porch..... 

A shopping spree at Saks would be sweet,
but I'll be so happy each day to not look at rotting posts 
and holey floorboards....

I guess I'm a grown up now.....

*Sigh...*

No comments:

Post a Comment