Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Put Down That Caramel Egg....


 I am being stalked by carbs.  

The moment I decided to finally lose the last 20 pounds of Kate Weight, my mind was bombarded by thoughts of pasta, garlic bread, croissants, Wheat Thins and granola...  

The timing couldn't have been better to have been surrounded by jelly beans, Peeps and those blasted Cadbury Creme Eggs....
Chocolate is my crack....I gotta have it after lunch and before bed....

Giving it up is making me cranky.....already....

Last night I watched "The Biggest Loser" and it is truly amazing how these people lose 100 plus pounds... 

I realize they have dieticians, trainers, life coaches and all that nonsense to help them along, but it's gotta be pretty tough at 10pm when you really want an Oreo, or a bag of them... 

Losing weight sucks all the way around...  

It's hard and it takes too long... 

When I get PG I turn into the Sta-Puff Marshmallow Man... 

No kidding....ask my husband....

I didn't just have cankles, I had tree trunks.... 60 extra pounds of love, if you know what I mean...

I detest those women who gain a paltry 30 pounds during pregnancy, only to lose 35 to 40 lbs after birth.  

Even their "skinny" jeans are too big.....it's so annoying... 

After Jack was born it took about two years and some serious Atkins to get back to fighting weight. 

A few of my friends did Atkins with me, so we had someone to complain to, share Atkins bars for snacks, have communal "Ketosis" bad breath with, you know.....good times...

Actually, it worked and I finally dropped 35 lbs... 
Five years post Kate, lower metabolism, higher stress levels = 20 lbs still hanging on...

  Florida was the catalyst.....  

I saw photos of myself and became the crop monster, eliminating all but my neck 
(which I don't like, either, by the way)... 

Pants are too snug and my face resembles a doughnut.  

So, goodbye carbs and sugar.... 

I pine for you already....


Coffee tastes like the bottom of a birdcage without sugar 
and the piles of Easter candy are taunting me,
but I am determined... 

It's Day 3 and I have only cheated once with a tiny nugget of a Dove chocolate candy morsel.  

Dang, it tasted good, too!  


Tonight the kids will enjoy pasta, but I will have fish, green beans and soda water....  

I'm even cutting out wine..... 

THAT might kill me, but at least I'll look thinner at my funeral.....

No comments:

Post a Comment