Monday, June 17, 2013

Teacher Gifts...


I know, I know, this post comes too late 
for many of you to care, 
but those of us with kids in the Chicago public school system, 
we are STILL in school until the 24th!  

Everyone is itching to end instruction, 
the kids, parents and mostly, 
the poor teachers...  

It must be a can of worms 
in those classrooms...  

Anyway, below are a couple of ideas 
to thank your beloved teachers...  

They make good gifts, nevertheless, 
for birthdays, hostess gifts too...  

The theme here is easy, 
inexpensive and creative...  

And that, my friends, is the holy trinity 
to ensure a happy recipient 
and giver...  

Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub...  

I found this project months ago, 
thanks to Pinterest 
and The Idea Room...  

Finally, I got around to making the scrub today 
and can I tell you how delicious coconut 
and lime smell?  

I wanted to eat the stuff! 


Talk about easy...  

 Sugar, 

coconut oil, 

lime (or any flavor) essence, 


shredded coconut 

and vitamin E (optional)... 


but most health food stores have it in stock, too...  

Mix everything together.  
Snip a hole in the vitamin E capsule 
and squeeze out the oil into the mixture.  
Mix to incorporate
and it will resemble wet sand...  




The old canning funnel comes in handy 
for quick and clean filling of the jars...  




Pull up the Idea Room site to print the labels 
on sticker paper and that's it!  


I multiplied the recipe by 8 
to make that many jars of scrub...  
 

Because the size of the jars varied, 
I ended up with a small plastic tub 
of coconut lime sugar scrub 
left over for me...  

How convenient...   

The teachers are also getting 
some of the strawberry jam 
Chris and I made a month ago... 



You can find the post 
about that right here...  

Certain teachers are also receiving 
these super cool glitter gel pens...  

these are pretty, fun and scented!  

Lastly, because I was too lazy to go out 
and buy thank you cards, 
I printed some out on card stock...  

 
This printable is from 

They make cool graphics 
and I particularly liked the teacher themed cards...  

A quick trip to the dollar store for gift bags
 and tissue and the teacher gifts are completed!  

Now, only six more days of school.....

No comments:

Post a Comment