Friday, June 7, 2013

National Doughnut Day...



Hey!  It's National Doughnut Day!  

And I am not making doughnuts...  

It's going to be Slumber Party Central here tonight 
and I am scrambling to make a steady stream 
of kid friendly snacks...  

Yes, I am an idiot...  

The After School Video Game bash 
went so well last month, 
that I am tempting fate with another party... 

 This time, though, four boys and two girls 
will be sleeping over, 
which is way more of a commitment...  

I am just hoping they play outside 
until they drop over from exhaustion...  

And then maybe all the munchies 
will send them straight into food comas...
  

The boys arrive around six,
 so chili dogs, hot dogs, fruit, veggies
 and snacks will be ready to go...  

Later, I will fire up a pizza 
if late night cravings attack...  


At some point we will trek to the Anthony's
 for ice cream, too...  


Earlier in the afternoon, one of the kid's mamas 
will drop her daughter off, 
but she will stick around for a "grown up play date"...  



C'mon, now, this can't be all about the kids, can it?
  

A little rose', some cheese and crackers, 
with some girl time mixed in, 
should end the week nicely...  


That is, before I clean up 
the first spilled Kool Aid... 


Hmmm, I better locate the plunger, too, 
just in case...


So, here are recipes for Chili Dogs 
and these divine Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies... 



 Oh, and a few Pinterest doughnut recipes, 
because it is National Doughnut Day, after all!

Have a great weekend!










No comments:

Post a Comment