Friday, September 14, 2012

The Animation Babysitter


It's Day 5 of Strike-A-Palooza...  

My patience is wearing thin for the teachers' "Good Fight"... 

They have been "So close" to agreement
with the CPS for two days now...  

Kiss and make up, already!

We parents are at the end of our ropes...  
I am not Julie McCoy on the Love Boat,
for crying out loud...

That ship has sailed, so to speak, 
and I am ready to have school
provide the entertainment, thank you...

The TV has been blaring for way too long
and if I hear any more canned laughter on the Disney Channel,
 I am going to hurl a large chapter book,
with no pictures, into the screen...

So, I sent Kate off on a play date
and put Jack to work....

He owes us a substantial sum
for buying an insane amount of app's...

Tommy thought he was old enough to handle the password...

Wrong a mundo!!!

So, after cleaning toilets, sinks and tubs, 
running large bags of trash to the alley 
and a full hour of reading, 
I left him to his own devices..

And to my pleasant surprise, 
instead of letting animation entertain him, 
he is creating entertainment out of animation...  
Of course, his little stories usually have 
themes of death and destruction, 
but he is ten year old boy, after all...

My husband used to get great pleasure 
out of exploding his green, plastic army men 
with M80's...  

It's nice to see what can happen 
when the TV gets turned off...  

Granted, if Kate was here, 
the result would most likely be screaming 
and a visit to Children's Hospital....

I'll take what I can get....

Scroll down fast to see the animation....

Have a great weekend!










































No comments:

Post a Comment