Monday, June 11, 2012

Up on the Roof...


Sometimes you just have to be front and center.....

Sometimes it's good to watch from afar....  

Sometimes you are up for the party....

Sometimes date night is what the doctor ordered....  

Friday night Tom and a buddy were front and center 
for the Roger Waters concert at Wrigley Field....  

He played the entire The Wall album to rave reviews....  

Tom texted me that certain songs 
were so powerful he cried....  

Or maybe it was because the beer line was too long... 

Anyway, he had a great time 
among the Pink Floyd throngs...  


Now I love going out to see live music 
with my music loving husband, 
I really do... 

But I draw the line at Pink Floyd...  


Way back when, in my high school days, 
my first boyfriend knew his way around a guitar, 
so we listened to bands that featured guitarists, 
Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Jeff Beck, 
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Pink Floyd, etc. 
  

However, into our second year of dating, 
his father passed away and he tumbled into depression, 
bringing Pink Floyd along to soothe him...  

It was too much for my sixteen year old psyche.....

Too much real life 
and way too much Floyd...  

Since then, when I hear the first few bars 
of a Pink Floyd song 
and I quickly change the channel....  

Of course, Tommy LOVES Pink Floyd. 

He is a closet Floyd listener 
and turns the stereo up to twelve 
when I am out of the house...  

I can see the house vibrate with "RUN RUN RUN" 
as I come home from the grocery store, 
kids jamming along with Dad....  

So Friday night was Tommy's night 
to rejoice The Wall.... 

Saturday night was our night to escape 
to a little corner of paradise... 


My sister in law's rooftop deck...  

It was a perfect evening 
and Part II of the Wrigley Field experience 
was Country AND Western night....
Brad Paisley, Miranda Lambert 
with a surprise appearance by Carrie Underwood.  

Now we are not fans of Country Western music....  

I have no idea who most of these Nashville stars 
are and I could not hum a single tune... 

But it didn't matter...  

We had a bird's eye view 
of the show from far left field...  

We watched all the fans milling about....  

It appeared the dress code 
was short dresses and cowboy boots...

Tommy was most impressed 
with the seventeen motor coaches 
parked like dominoes in the parking lot...  

Scarey when your man can identify 
what companies drive whom around on tour...  

All we had was Budweiser and some Wheat Thins 
as we watched the country spectacle 
unfold as the sun set...  

We had room to roam, a place to sit 
and a bathroom not twenty steps away...  

It was perfect and just what I needed...  

The next time we will be on that roof, though, 
it will be a PARTY....  

Bruce Springsteen plays Wrigley at summer's end....  

Now HIS songs, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment