Wednesday, June 1, 2011

In the Red....


 It seems I am surrounded by red of late....  

There is the perpetual redness of our finances...  

I love the query from T$, "How little can you live on until a week from tomorrow?"  

Always a fun question in the face of impending birthdays, Father's Day, groceries and the mortgage....  

This redness persists like rosacea.... puffy and unattractive, 
but usually covered up with a little beer, I mean makeup.....  

The recent red that burst on the scene yesterday was my hair...  

In the name of prudent spending I decided to color my hair 
instead of trusting my locks to a professional...

Mistake Number One...   

Not only did I not choose wisely in the color department, 
but I failed to purchase enough goo to cover all the hair... 

So, after the color, rinse, conditioning and blow dry, 
I realized I looked like Brenda Starr after a really good fight.
  

My tresses are so red you might think I used canned cherry pie filling as the colorant...  

Then of course, when the wind blows, you see my old brown strands underneath....

yep...it was a first class job I did.....  

Now, the first reaction would be to dash to Walgreens for Nice & Easy 
in some bland color like "Walnut" or "Mouse is Me",

but I am too afraid I will end up looking like Lady Gaga 
when she channels the Wicked Witch of the West....  

A professional fix plus a much needed haircut will land me about $150.00, tip extra... 

These days, that's a week of groceries, 
so I am stuck looking like Carrot Top's mom 
until the next payday..... 

Lesson learned:  Leave the hair to the ones who are trained to style it.....

Dork.


Red also came in the form of a booking for the little one... 



She dressed as Little Red Riding Hood for August's catalog One Step Ahead, Halloween issue.
  

Such a cute costume...
 

Look for the red Jawa hiding behind the stump 
while the stylists act like "Grandma" and the "Wolf"...
 
Such a long commute home....  

Not sure the 2 1/2 hour drive was worth the fee....  

Don't  you just love the Eisenhower Expressway at 5pm?
  

As you can see, neither do my fiery locks or I......    

Hoping to be in the black soon, 


just not my hair.......

No comments:

Post a Comment