Friday, May 27, 2011

Sleep Overs and Lemonade....


The days were counted until the sleep over....  

Highly anticipated event, it was....  

And today it came!  

Jose was staying here for a sleep over... 

For some reason, sleep overs are not old hat yet for my third grader...  

Some kids are old pros with the sleep over, but not my son... 

He is limited by dog allergies and perhaps his rambunctious behavior, but tonight he was the host.  

His buddy returned from school with us and they commenced with drum playing....

followed by a good game of cops and robbers.  

Next was basketball in the alley, then dinner and then some Wii.  

After they made their own sundaes and showered up, it was movie time.  

Let's hope they sleep all night.  

I remember marathon games of monopoly in my friend's basement...  

Sometimes we lost our game pieces in the deep red shag pile at three in the morning...

While watching "The Omen".....EEEEK! 

There is something magical about having a friend snore in your room, 
among your toys, and to share Captain Crunch with in the morning...  

It's the bridge from sharing erasers in class and playing tag at recess, to sharing your home life... 

It feels good and is fun.  

It's being a big kid now.  

It matters... 

While the boys were navigating the WWII Wii combat planes, I made two wreaths made of lemons... 

I have been wanting to make them since I saw the tutorial on Tip Junkie.  

It looked easy, but I couldn't find fake lemons that were affordable, until, 
a most serendipitous visit to JoAnn Fabrics this week...  

Oh yeah, these babies were 50% off and I was in!  


I fired up the glue gun and set to work... 


I found the wreaths at the dollar store, used old ribbon and felt to cover them 
and glued the leaves and lemons as instructed.... 

It took about an hour to make two of them...
Don't they look nice against the chocolate brown front doors?  

Not so bad for home made.....  

Memorial Day weekend is here and at least my wreaths are summery... 

Still colder than a welldigger's butt outside... 

May in Chicago and not a tan in sight.....

No comments:

Post a Comment