Saturday, December 4, 2010

Better Than the First Snow...

First snow of the year!  


So much excitement this morning as snow covered the ground, with more on the way.  

It was the packable stuff, too...

Perfect for snowballs, snowmen, snow forts, you name it.  

Jack shoveled with gusto...in this jammies... 

Precision, or even removing snow from the sidewalk was not exactly his intention.
  

Throwing it around, was the goal, I think.  

The first snow is a great thing, but to me on this day, the bigger excitement was this....  

Yep, a truck full of dirt....

Dirt that once lived under my house, is being trucked OUT...

The guys are back and I hope this time it's to finish the job and make my foundation whole.  

Perhaps I can actually hope that the plywood that has graced the front of our house for the last two years 
may disappear in a few weeks.  

Now THAT brings me tidings of joy!  

Back to the snow....

The kids have been outside for hours, having a ball, getting red cheeks and snotty noses.  

They were about to come inside for lunch 

When what to their wondering eyes did appear 

But 6 santas donning running gear!  

Returning from a 5K they finished today, 


They encountered 4 kids who kept them at bay.  


Bearing balls of snow and pint-sized might 


These kids gave these Santas a jolly good fight.  

As I write they are still at it, a persistent bunch, 

But now it's time for their beers and the kids' lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment