Sunday, October 3, 2010

Come Flea with Me....



Cash....check.  


List....check.  


Decaf.....check.  


Warm clothes.....check.  


As I crossed the gates of the Kane County Flea Market at 7:30 this morning, I wished I had my gloves.  Brrrrr, it was 45 degrees outside!  

It's been a long time since I visited this monthly flea market extravaganza and many of the vendors hadn't uncovered their wares when I arrived.  It's good to be early and and to get a close parking spot, though, in case you become laden with numerous, heavy treasures. 


At a big flea like this, you have to bring a list or else you are overwhelmed by all the good stuff.  

Of course, it's okay to stumble upon cool, unexpected items, like this adorable headband from The Twinkled Twig...

www.thetwinkledtwig.bigcartel.com   


I love it, but I think it's more appropriate on Kate.  I might be too tall or dare I say, too old to get away with it's whimsical nature.....  

I wasn't looking for silver salt & pepper shakers, but they looked so inviting bunched together.  My new friend, Catherine, of Freddy & Petunia, 

www.freddyandpetunia.com  

was so gracious and fun to talk to.  They had a great booth of cool items, too!  

On my list was vintage feed sack cloth.  I want to make a pillow.  They are a hot trend and you can find reproductions at Pottery Barn, etc., but they cost $50.00, like this one...


The cheapie in me wants to make my own, but I failed in finding any fabric.  


Next on the list was unique pumpkins, which I found at a good price.  

I was hoping to find two nice antique dining chairs to complete my set at home....no luck today....  Last on the list was an antique clear glass compote.  I saw only one and the price was right, but it didn't hit me, you know what I mean? 


These cake plates were awesome, though.  I love the blue one especially.  Too $$$.....  


I found a couple more snappy handmade fabric flower pins, such as this white wool one, and a license plate thingy that I need to assemble for Jack. (Will show later..)

I'd say it was a pretty good expedition....unexpected finds among the failures on the list.  


Next stop is the French Hens Market  http://3frenchhensmarket.blogspot.com/ October 9th...

No comments:

Post a Comment