Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Five Things Not To Do When It's Hot....

Our relatively new air conditioner is going to kill me.  Or I am going to take a baseball bat to it....shortly.  The repairman has been to our house no less than 5 times this summer and it's still hotter than a steel playground at noon in our house.  

So, now that I am used to an 80 degree house when I get home from work everyday, I forget not to do things that make me even hotter, like:


1. Bake.  


I made peach cobbler, okay.....it doesn't look that good, but Sarah Moulton assured me in her recipe notes that it is dee-lish.  

We will see what the kids say...   

Then I made roasted tomatoes.  Hey, they were going bad in the fridge and I couldn't let 'em go to waste.  Now they will be aromatic, tasty morsels in future pastas, bruschettas, you name it!  

Don't they look tasty?


2.  Tidy.  

Nothing draws a sweat faster than picking up stinky socks, toys and your husband's shoes, tossed in the dining room.  Avoid this activity at all costs!

3. Cleaning.  

Similar to the 10 second tidy, but it involves Tilex, Windex or some other objectionable agent.  Don't do it!

4. Laundry:  

Are you kidding?  The dryer is the official "Heat Miser"  (Remember that Christmas story on TV?)  Turn on the dryer and you might as well have your own sauna and lose 5 lbs.......on second thought....

5. Discipline your kids.  

 All that shouting just makes you hot....Let them eat Twinkies and stay up watching "Everybody Hates Chris" for another hour.  




Pour yourself a glass of chilled something, preferably in a stemmed glass, have a seat, open up this month's Country Living, Garden & Gun or Vogue and keep your cool, Sistah!

No comments:

Post a Comment