Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Whew! Glad It Wasn't Me..."





Today was one of those moments where I have to be the parent who means business. 

Push me too far and I gotta level the punishment....

Jack is now in the sassy habit....little snorts, grunts, evil eyes when he doesn't get his way.  Even the occasional elbow nudge into my side if, perchance I say no to treats 30 seconds before dinner is served.

 Apparently previous punishments or threats haven't lifted his brows,

until that is,

this afternoon... 

I got one sass too many and down came the gauntlet. 

So came the decree;

no TV,

no playing outside..

grounded in his room for....gasp! 

The rest of the day. 

Oh the injustice, cruelty and abject humiliation in front of his sister.  You'd have thought I'd beaten his hide and instituted waterboarding..... 

Oh the crying, pleading, negotiation that took place...! 

I tell ya, my kid will be a great salesman or labor lawyer someday. 

But I held my ground... 

Jack dislikes me very much right now,

but maybe,

just maybe he will thank me 20 years hence for teaching him to be a nice boy...

...sigh...  

And the little one....

she's grateful to be on the right side of the law........this time......

No comments:

Post a Comment