Thursday, June 17, 2010

Survive Alive...



School ends tomorrow in a one-hour anticlimatic rush. 

The whole summer stretches before my kids....will I survive? 

Yep, it will be full of camps, popcicles and sweaty foreheads. 

 I'll make do between working, brushing ants from camp bags and sneaking a chilled glass of wine or three...


 
Yep, I'll be fine....



Speaking of survival, Jack and I went to a cool little session run by the Chicago FireDepartment called "Survive Alive". (http://www.survivealivehouse.com/)  It's this short and sweet seminar geared toward teaching kids how to survive a house fire.  They have a mock up of a real house and they "smoke" it out.  Kids have to demonstrate how to get out of the house, cross the street to a meeting place and get help. 
It was fun and interesting.


So where is the fun and interesting MOM seminar that teaches how to survive summer around, say
August 3rd? 

 "I'm bored, Mom!" 

 "What are we going to do today, Mom?" 

 In the words of my sage mother,

 "I am NOT the entertainment committee!!" 





I need to stash away a few kits of Shrinky Dinks for the REAL emergencies........

No comments:

Post a Comment