Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Shifting Gears

There is this relatively modern debate about who has the tougher job in life, the working mom or the stay at home mom. Frankly, I think both stink at times and each has its lovely moments.



Ah, yes, I remember those days in my cubicle where a task or phone conversation progressed through to completion without 85 "Mommymommymommymommy" or glass shattering in the upstairs bathroom. And now I am experiencing the delight on my son's face as he emerges from school, happy that I am there to pick him up.


All good stuff, to be sure.


As a working mom, I was one organized sargeant. Ya have to be when the only time to get groceries, drop off dry cleaning, buy new cleats, posterboard and who knows what else only happens on the weekends. Always fun...Saturday shopping with all of humanity and their second cousins. I'd rather eat ground glass...


Now that I have time during the week to get some of those errands done I find I am one unorganized mess. I had visions of weekly to-do lists.....ironing on Tuesdays, canning on Wednesdays. Martha can do it, why not me? (wink wink).... Yeah, well we are a long way off from organized domesticity at this plantation, but I'll keep hoping...


I guess the little factor I am not mentioning is Mac & Fitz.


When you start a new business, no matter how small, there are DETAILS to be dealt with. Like, for instance, creating inventory! Those cute little skirts are not going to sew themselves, as much as I'd love Gus Gus from Cinderella to appear with his aunts to brandish the needle and thread for me.


And the electronic component; from Facebook, Etsy setup to even this blog...for the gadget-hindered it takes a boatload of time. This blog will get prettier, as soon as I can figure it out!
Today I spent 2 hours trying to decide what font Mac & Fitz will be.
Man, there are thousands to choose from.
I needed to decide so I could purchase tags to sew into my garments. Anyway, I finally made some decisions and the order is out there in processing land.
Can't wait to see 'em....
Anyway, the best part is the sewing and TONIGHT I am going to get more goodies sewn, if it kills me. Can't survive on 3 items in the Etsy store.....
All in good time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment