Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A New Start...

2009 has been quite a year for most of us and it's been a doozy in our household...

Starting with the near collapse of our house on that cold winter Friday on January 9th, we knew we were gonna be tested! Now the chill is back in the air as Fall kicks into gear, we have experienced 40 days in a hotel in the dead of winter with 2 little kids, been sued by two neighbors, started a new company and been laid off after a 14 year career.

Sounds just like the the Christmas letter you'd like in your card this year, huh? Well, we hope to be at the point of laughing about it soon.

We are almost there.

Now that I have gone from breadwinner to bottle washer, my creative mojo is bursting out of its cage. Off we go into the wild west of kid's clothing!

Mac & Fitz is my new Etsy.com shop and I'll be selling girls dresses and skirts handmade by my and hopefully my mom. My brain is a mardigras of design ideas and I can't wait to sew them all. Boy's clothes will happen at some point, too.

All in good time, in between karate, ballet, construction and lawsuits.

We can handle it.....right?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of "let's do what we love"!! Can't wait to see your designs, Lori. I wish you all the best with your new venture. Any time you want to grab a coffee (or a bottle of vino) and chat about it all, let me know!

    Best,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete