Monday, December 10, 2012

Sugar Sugar...



My eyes were bigger than my stomach... 

Or more accurately, 
my energy level was not in sinc with my plans...  

Holy smokes, I am so tired...  

And it's all my fault...  


A very close and dear friend of mine came into town 
for a week or so 
and I wanted to show her some Chicago fun...  

She drove in from Michigan to house/dog/cat sit 
some 20 or so animals for her cousin...

Um, mild exaggeration, 
but you get the picture..


Yeah, I'm talking halo time for my friend...  

We won't mention the sick dog all night story...  


Oh, sorry, I just did...

Well, she deserves a mani/pedi for that one!!

Just sayin'...

Okay, back to the story at hand...


Fate had it that every holiday event 
was clustered around this past weekend...  

However, it was sort of perfect, 
because the days were fast and furious... 

Consequently, I now want to collapse on the couch 
and stare at Food Network shows 
the rest of the week...  

I am sure she feels the same...  

The first night we caught up 
and shared a delicious meal at my house... 


The next night she helped me throw
 my annual holiday craft party, 
(more on that later...)

and that night was the Southport Street holiday evening, 
where we chatted, 
shopped and drank free booze 
at shops along the way... 


Chocolate Martini, Wine, Rum Cider thingy, Sangria...

Saturday we went out for an fantastic dinner 
and drinks 
(another good story to share later)... 


Come Sunday, we were both a little done, 
but I had planned more, 
in my infinite wisdom, 
for it was Cookie Day!  


Thank God my mother came over 
to provide sanity and purposeful helpfulness 
in the wake of flying sprinkles, 
clouds of flour 
and exploding bags of royal icing...  

I don't know how many dozens of gingerbread and sugar cookies 
we made and decorated... 


The kids enjoyed the decorating 
and that was the intent...  


Always striving for the Norman Rockwell moment, right?!

Did I over plan the weekend?  


Probably.  

Was it fun?  

Heck yes!  

Sunday night, a neighbor hosted a wine tasting 
down the street at the local WineStyles...  

Sorry, this chick was tapped out...  


However, T$ skipped down the street 
to sample some free hooch...

He had enough energy, I guess...


Our sugar cookies were so tasty 
and the icing recipe is a keeper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment