Thursday, April 12, 2012

What Makes Mama Happy....


You know those days where everything goes wrong
and you want to have an all out tantrum...


The two year old variety where you thrash and kick
on the floor of the grocery store
while the produce manager stares?

Just before they call security, you force yourself
to find a little gratitude... 

Yeah, I've had those days too,
more than I care to share...

Today is not one of those days...


In fact, barring a piano landing on my head
any moment for tempting fate,
I am feeling pretty good...


Thus, a short list of the things that make me happy, right now!


Some things are purely material in nature,
others money can't buy...


1. Land's End Sneakers...


















These classic, Keds look alikes are comfy
and look great with capris, shorts,
casual skirts or jeans.
I feel like I am channeling Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly in them....
I know, I'm a dork...

2. The new Athleta Store...


















Owned by Gap, this awesome women's clothing catalog
just opened a store in our neighborhood.
Mind you, I can't afford anything,
but I sure can drool...

3.  My Back Yard...













Spring sprang right up
and last year's investment of bulbs have rewarded me aplenty.
The hostas are peeking out and the daffodils and tulips are so pretty...
A year ago my back yard was a wasteland of construction debris and dirt....
I am so grateful to have my yard back...

4. Pellegrino with Lemon...
On those nights when I can't share the Pinot G
with Tom, the Pellegrino at least looks like a cocktail
and it's very refreshing...

5. DHC Olive Oil Cleanser...

















This product is an awesome cleanser and eye makeup remover.
One bottle lasts about six months, too.
DHC rocks...

6. Pinterest Recipes...















If you are seeking decadent desserts, inventive dips
or fantabulous casserole recipes, Pinterest is your site.
It has become my go-to recipe source...

7. Ree's Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp...















Have you noticed a lemon theme?
So did I... Oops...
I made this while at Amelia and it was sooooo good!
I'll be making this again soon
and will serve it over spaghetti...
Deelish!!!

8. Parkour...














Parkour is this French-invented street tumbling
that you have probably seen in commercials.
Guys leap from building to building, run up walls,
flip all over the place, etc.
Jack is taking a Parkour class
and I love it because he does
and mostly because it wears his little fanny out!


9. The Hunger Games...

















As usual I am late on the trend watch,
but I am flying through Book 3 of the trilogy...
Can't wait to see the movie...

10.  Downton Abbey...














Again, late to catch the wave, but who cares?
Tommy and I cuddle up in bed each night
and watch an episode on his tablet computer.
We share this addiction together and we love it.
He has no interest in my "Top Chef" devotion
and I shun him when he watches "Sons of Anarchy",
so Downton brings us together...

And that is my favorite thing of all....

Recipe: Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp, 

Courtesy of Pioneer Woman


Ingredients

  • 2 pounds Raw Shrimp, Deveined, Shells On
  • 2 sticks Cold Unsalted Butter Cut Into Pieces
  • 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Peeled
  • 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
  • 1 whole Lemon, Juiced

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse frozen shrimp to separate, then arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
In the bowl of a food processor, add cold butter, garlic, lemon juice, salt, parsley, and red pepper. Pulse until combined. Sprinkle cold butter crumbles over the shrimp.
Bake until shrimp is opaque and butter is hot and bubbly.
Serve with hot crusty bread. Peel and eat the shrimp, then dip the bread into the butter in the bottom of the pan.




No comments:

Post a Comment