Friday, February 10, 2012

Glitter


After this last Valentine card making session, only Liberace
has more glitter strewn about his home than I do....

 Never leave the room when kids have free access to glitter... 

It's as if they fling it in the air with abandon,
set free from the boundaries of school crafting rules... 


Taking flight in the freedom to open the glitter vial
with gusto and set it to the winds.... 


The vacuum literally whooshed with the volume
of that colored powder of light into the bag,
there was so much clinging to the dining room rug... 


Now I know why one of my friends
has banned the substance in her home...

For years hence I will see that extra light in Tom's eyes
and realize it is a fleck of gold glitter stuck to his cheekbone... 

Our hair will resemble Glinda the Good Witch
as we sparkle and float out of the house... 

Things might get a little tough at the old armored car factory
if the guys notice the shiny glints coming off Tom's work jacket... 


But, I suppose a house without glitter lacks some luster... 


I'd rather have a twinkle on my sweater
than not let the kids gild the cards and ornaments... 

It's like dog hair....kind of a nuisance, but worth it... 


I can't deny my love of glitter... 

In the words of, whom else but Paris Hilton,

"Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins!"


No comments:

Post a Comment