Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bring on the Buckets....



Tommy announced he lost 6 pounds the last few days.... 

Jeez, just when I was feeling a little slimmer in my mom jeans, 
he makes a statement like that....  

If he weighs less than I do, 
I will just have to slog down a pan of brownies in protest.  

PS: luckily, he weighs 10 pounds more than I do....

Whew!  

The reason why he dropped so many lb's 
is the powerful flu virus that wracked his body 
from Saturday to today....  

Usually, it appears that when most of the male species 
gets a hang nail, you would think a limb was hanging by a tendon...  

But this time, he was REALLY sick....  

He and the biffy became super close... 

I heard unearthly noises that even married couples should not share...
I know, TMI, but it was something....

Neither of us got much sleep for two nights running...

Poor guy couldn't keep water down for at least a day...  

So, I had to cut him some slack 
while I was dealing with kids, 
dozens of loads of laundry, 
a spotty internet, 
the repairman fixing the dishwasher in the apartment unit, 
carpool with 6 boys to and from CCD, 
flu shots for the kids 
Kate falling face first on the school playground
and the torrential rains over the last four days... 

I now hate rain....  

Our roof resembles swiss cheese these days... 

I am running out of buckets...  

Rain is drip, drip, dripping
through recessed lights in the hall, 
 the kids' bathroom light, 
 the back stairwell, 
Kate's room and the pantry...  

Why don't they have essay contests to win new roofs?  

Or could we collect Campbell Soup labels and cash them in for a roof?  

We would be eating chicken and stars, all three meals, ad infinitum.....    

It's only Wednesday of this ratty week... 

My mom would joke my biorhythms were off, 
but I think it's more widespread than that...  

Friends and Facebook friends 
are all ranting that this week has stunk, so who knows... 

Maybe there are solar flares or something...

We are even out of vodka AND wine...  

Now that's bad....  

I might have to drink some of that awful pinky white Zin 
we got as a shower gift years ago...  

It probably tastes like apple cider vinegar by now....  

The good news is that tomorrow is pay day 
and the wine fridge/cupboards will be replenished...  

A little shopping/wine therapy goes a long way...  

More good news is that Kate's face is healing nicely..  

And Jack took his Hep A vaccine like a man tonight...

Six pounds lost.... 

I knew I should have licked his drinking glass while I had the chance....


No comments:

Post a Comment