Monday, March 4, 2013

Ode To The Sink...


Dear Kitchen Sink, 

I believe you must think 

that our family just does not care,

You faithfully wash 

all the scraps that we toss 

into your basin with little fanfare...

As you rinse day by day 

foodstuffs in your porcelain bay, 

you complain little and offer no protest,

Until your hose springs a leak 

and soaks under your sink 

and now I am on a long quest...

See, you are unique, 

as Murphy's Law would speak, 

and your hose seems not to be replaced,

Home Depot, Menards, 

nor True Value offers rewards, 

as my search is becoming disgraced...  

Oh, sweet, lovely faucet, 

 you are old, but still dulcet 

and to replace you would cost a fine penny...

 I'll admit there's no mystery, 

you'd would certainly be history

 if funds I had were any... 

So the search goes on, 

perhaps The Faucet Guy will be dead on, 

with the hose that I dearly desire...

  And the dishes now shower

 where our clothes get Bleach Power!

 in hopes this repair project not become mired...

  I miss you, Kitchen Sink, 

having you does not stink 

and my dinner preparations have languished...

 No Bolognese, nor stew

 will be fed to this crew

 until your mending will have been accomplished...

 Refrigerator and oven, 

mark my dire warning,

  Thoughts of malfunction are strictly rebuked...

  Should you cough, spark or sneeze,

 or consider disease,

 I might pass out,

 or worse, even puke!




No comments:

Post a Comment