Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Over and Out....


Pine needles...

I'll be finding them in June when I lift the rug
or swish the drapes away from the wall.... 

No matter how much I vacuum, those pesky evergreen leaves persist.... 

I don't know about you, but by December 27th,
I am ready to strike the Christmas set.... 

To me, the remnants of the holiday remind me
that the festivities are over
and it makes me a touch sad... 

And with the tree ever withering and dropping clouds of needles
at the slightest breeze, I am motivated to change the scenery... 

So, yesterday, while play dates were coursing through the house,
video games roaring, little feet running,
I packed up Christmas... 

This morning, my burly husband, who looks very much like a lumberjack lately,
what with the flannel shirt and two weeks growth of scruff,
heaved Mr. Tree out the back,
like he does, with relish, every year...

He is rather hunky, ain't he...?

We do anticipate this tree tossing event.... 

Take a look...

I am not a huge believer in Feng Shui,
but I have to say that the lack of clutter
and the return to open spaces has a lovely, calming effect on me... 

So much so, that I may just stay in the Asian theme

and make this for dinner.....


No comments:

Post a Comment