Friday, February 12, 2010

When Doilies & Cocktails Mix...

Yup, Any chance I get to have a creativity throwdown, I'm in....




So, Valentine's Day is in a couple of days, and what greater opportunity for crafting is there?






  In the past I have put together little Valentine card making parties and after about a 10 year hiatus, I thought it was high time to do it again.  Tommy helped me set the mood with red lighting, a roaring fire and lots of candlelight...



  After all, there is a foot of snow on the ground, the flu is racing around the local schools and everyone feels generally crummy.  Time for a little levity! 


 It's amazing what happens when you offer a little champagne, chocolate martinis, cookies and lots of stickers, trims, ribbon and glue sticks.....wonderful things happen!




Prizes were given to the 2 best cards, as judged by my ever objective husband.  Two deserving friends won a gift card from Paper Source and a bottle of Mad Housewives wine.... 


It was great to see what my friends made and I think they were happily surprised by their creative missives of love!

And, they got to take home some of my homemade heart cookies to share with their kids.....or maybe not...





It felt good to float away from the drudgery of February, if only for one night.....

Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment