Monday, January 11, 2010

Dreaming in Rick Rack...


As I shiver through January, knowing darn well the snow and bitter cold will last until mid April, I am fine with that.
There is plenty of wood for the fireplace, my pantry is well stocked and I have so many creative projects in mind.

Gone are the holiday obligations, lists, deadlines, shipping dates and endless sale emails from desperate retailers. Now I can really sit down to the sewing machine after the kids are put to bed and make spring skirts. I will now have the time to make some little dresses and make patterns for yet more.

I have more time to cook, too. Oh man, yesterday I made these awesome meatballs and sauce.

Click Here

You make the sauce from scratch and I really needed a food mill or tomato processor thing. Instead I mashed them through a colander. Lots of work, but so dang tasty. We had spaghetti and meatballs again for dinner tonight...mmmmm!!

I did a little shopping for accessories to spice up the old nest, too. Sometimes you just need to shake things up a bit and it felt good to have something new among all the old, beaten up hand-me-downs I call my home.

With Valentine's Day a month away I decided to resurrect my annual Valentine's Day Card making party. A few friends come over for dinner, drinks, creation of cards, more drinks, well you get the picture. So much fun to see what happens. More on that next month...

So, the creative juices are flowing and the quiet peace of the snow and cold have slowed things down.

I'm liking it....

No comments:

Post a Comment