Thursday, November 19, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For...






It's a Chinese Fire Drill around here!

For the last 3 weeks my husband has been globe trotting, in search of potential business in the armored car world...Bangkok, Dubai, Abu Dhabi & London. Back in Dodge, I have been manning the factory office, taking care of kids, house, contruction under house and Mac & Fitz. http://macandfitz.etsy.com

With Christmas sneaking up the back stairs, I have been working on handmade items. This year, the year of no cash, means the year of handmade. I like the idea of handmade gifts. When I was a kid, I needlepointed, painted and decopaged a wide variety of goodies for my parents. It was fun and I am sure they loved everything.....right mom??
And I love making things now, if it weren't for the 85 MILLION other things on the day's must do list, too. So, the creative hour starts around 8:30 pm until about midnight.

Tonight it was limoncello...an easy, quick concoction that once prepared, steeps for a few weeks before consumption. Now it's made and it will be poured into pretty decanters upon gift giving. More projects on the agenda, but there's a little wrinkle in the plan...

A very cool pop-up shop (Kooky) down the street opened, selling kids clothing by local designers. As luck would have it, they like my Mac & Fitz creations and now I am a member of the co-op!

On November 23rd my skirts will be for sale at Kooky! I am more than excited, I am panicked!


My inventory consists of about 10 skirts, so I am sewing at every available moment and have begged my mom to fire up her Singer. The sewing machines are humming and hopefully a larger selection will be available at game time.


Stop by Kooky on Southport, two doors down from Mystic Celt. http://www.kookyshop.typepad.com/kooky-shop/



Look for Mac & Fitz and say Lori sent ya!


And be careful what you wish for......

No comments:

Post a Comment